There are many recipes for banana fritters. I have tried several but none of them was perfect until I learned this one through Phoa, my Lao maid. This recipe will make crunchy banana fritters.
The recipe is simple and straightforward– 1:1
- Heat 2 c. of canola oil.
- Prepare your batter and bananas while waiting for your oil to heat up.
- For every 1 c. of flour, add 1 c. of water
- Mix then dip your sliced bananas.
- Once your oil in pan is hot enough, drop the bananas one at a time. Do not put too much bananas in the pan. Make sure its not crowded.
- Once the bananas are brown in the edge, remove from pan and put in plate which is lined with oil absorbing tissue.
Best served with powdered sugar on top.